Call for a Free Consultation

Motion for Modification of Child Support

A modification of child support can be achieved based on a substantial change in circumstance. This change may include:

  • an increase or decrease of the gross income of an oblige or obligor;
  • the increase or decrease in needs of an oblige, obligor, or child;
  • a change in the amount of public assistance;
  • a change in the cost of living of either parent;
  • a substantial change in medical expenses/child care costs of a child or;
  • the emancipation of a child.

Evidence that must be present in court may include tax returns, W-2 forms, paystubs, bank statements, and medical bills.

If you have any questions regarding making a motion of modification of child support, or you are interested in scheduling a free consultation to discuss your case with an experienced family law attorney, please contact The Law Offices of Daniel J. Brazil, P.A., today at 612-874-6109.