Why Hire a Workers’ Comp Attorney?
Do I Really Need a Workers’ Compensation Lawyer?
For many sick workers and injured workers—especially those with relatively minor injuries—it is possible to successfully file a claim without the guidance of an attorney. However, most sick or injured workers should consider hiring an experienced workers’ compensation lawyer to help them navigate the often-confusing workers’ comp claim process.
How Can I Know if I Need a Workers’ Comp Attorney?
There are many factors that you should consider when deciding if you need to hire a workers’ comp attorney. For instance, we recommend you hire an attorney immediately if:
- Your illness or injuries are severe. The more severe your illness or injuries and the longer you will be unable to work, the more important a successful claim becomes. Retaining an attorney may significantly improve your chances of successfully filing a claim for full compensation.
- Your claim is denied. If your employer denies your initial claim for compensation, you have the right to appeal the decision. At this point, it is vital that you retain an attorney, as you face strict time limits and complex requirements when pursuing an appeal.
- You are refused treatment. If you cannot seek medical treatment for your injuries, you should speak to an attorney immediately. The workers’ compensation program ensures medical treatment for injured workers –an attorney may be able to help you exercise your right to such care in the event of a denial.
- You cannot return to work. If your injuries prevent you from returning to work in the foreseeable future, hiring an attorney to help you file your claim and protect your income as you recover becomes incredibly important.
- You have a preexisting condition. If you have a pre-existing condition related to the same body part that suffered an injury in a workplace accident or because of a work-related illness, you may have trouble obtaining compensation. Often, employers and insurance providers make the argument that the preexisting condition played a role in your injury, which may make you ineligible for compensation. A lawyer can help you put your claim in its most favorable light, improving your odds at achieving a successful result.
If any of these factors describe your situation, contact us to schedule a free consultation.
How Can Having a Work Comp Attorney Help?
Our workers’ comp lawyers provide the assertive legal guidance you need to ensure:
- The accuracy of your claim. Many initial claims face denial because they lack required information or because the worker improperly files the claim. Our attorneys work closely with you to include all information, documents, and details in your We also file your claim in the most timely and effective manner.
- Your voice is heard. Often, employers and the workers’ compensation program take injured workers who retain lawyers more seriously. This is because they know an experienced, dedicated lawyer will not rest until you receive the due process you deserve.
- The process is followed to the letter. You must follow the claims and appeals processes to the letter. Our team helps you understand the steps you must follow and the deadlines in which you must complete them.
While these services may sound expensive, it is important to note that we represent workers’ comp clients solely on a contingency fee basis. This means we only collect legal fees if we are successful in helping you obtain the compensation you need and deserve.
Request Your Free Consultation
By clicking ‘Submit’ I verify that I have read the disclaimer.
Our Minneapolis Workers’ Compensation Lawyers Make the System Work for You
Despite the workers’ compensation program’s intent, injured workers often face significant challenges when attempting to recover compensation. Our Minneapolis workers’ comp attorneys are here to help you make the program work in your favor. To discuss your claim with one of our experienced attorneys, call 612-874-6109 or contact our work comp firm online.