Minneapolis Workers’ Compensation Lawyer
On-the-job accidents and work-related illnesses put people out of work for months or years a time. This can cause serious financial distress if you are unable to get the benefits and coverage you deserve under Minnesota workers’ compensation laws. If you’re suffering due work-related illness or injury in Minnesota, do not risk these consequences. Seek the assistance of an experienced workers’ compensation lawyer in the Minneapolis-St. Paul metro area. Call on attorney Daniel J. Brazil today.
Get Compensation for Your Work Injury or Illness
Every Minnesota employer must carry workers’ compensation insurance or agree to self-insure. While this requirement serves to protect the employer from great financial losses when an employee is injured, it mostly serves to provide injured or ill employees with the benefits they require to get healthy and rejoin the workforce.
Workers’ compensation benefits include:
- Medical benefits: Minnesota workers’ compensation laws state that it covers all reasonable and necessary care related to your injury. Your doctor is the one who defines what is “reasonable and necessary.”
- Lost wages: If you meet all requirements for wage-loss benefits, you will receive a partial reimbursement of your income (generally two-thirds).
- Temporary or total disability benefits: You will receive benefits related to any temporary or total disabilities you may suffer due to your job-related injury.
- Vocational rehabilitation benefits: Job-retraining programs or support you receive is also included in your workers’ comp benefits.
- Reimbursement for mileage and parking fees: Minnesota law also allows for reimbursement of your mileage and parking fees related to medical visits and rehabilitation appointments. It also reimburses you for these expenses when they are related to job search efforts.
Workers’ Compensation & Third-Party Liability Claims
You cannot sue your employer for injuries or illnesses you sustained while on the job. In some instances, however, you may be able to pursue what is a called a third-party liability claim. This involves suing another person or company who caused your injury, as long as that person is not another employee at your workplace or if the injury occurred while you were off-site on work business. Speak to a workers’ comp attorney to learn more.
Still have questions about workers’ comp in Minnesota? Read these FAQs or call our law firm today.
Request Your Free Consultation
By clicking ‘Submit’ I verify that I have read the disclaimer.
Let Us Help You With Your Workers’ Comp Claim or Appeal
We have obtained great results for many clients. We would be honored for the opportunity to seek the compensation you deserve after your accident.
Call our Minneapolis workers’ compensation lawyers at 612-874-6109 or contact our work comp firm online to learn more about how we can help you with your workers’ compensation claim. We can help you whether you’re at the beginning of the filing process or needing help pursuing an appeal after a denied claim.
We offer free consultations to new clients, so there is no financial risk involved in picking up the phone and reaching out to us. We look forward to helping you get the workers’ compensation benefits you deserve.